including international development jobs
Home Employers Hotjobs Today Recent Email Alerts About Us
Communication; & Exchange Positions
Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This information or any parts thereof may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of the Publisher. Lisa L. Hystad, Publisher.
DIRECTOR, OFFICE FOR CORPORATE COMMUNICATION
FOUR (4) DEVELOPMENT CREDIT AUTHORITY (DCA) FINANCIAL ANALYST
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: The selected candidate will join the DCA team in supporting the annual re-estimate process. Every year the financial condition of each active transaction in the DCA's portfolio must be reassessed to accurately provision for potential defaults (losses). As part of this process, the financial condition of each partner must be reviewed, analyzed and re-estimated. DCA seeks a consultant to perform financial statement analysis and re-estimate support.
EXPECTED DELIVERABLES INCLUDE: Re-estimate analyses will require the review of DCA partners' financial condition and will include the following steps to complete:
*Review and understand the auditor's opinion on the financial statements. If necessary, investigate qualified audit opinions.
*Search the internet for any reports of fraud or other wrongdoing.
*Spread the most recent financial data into the relevant re-estimate spreadsheet.
*Analyze the financial condition of the entity and provide a brief write-up of that condition, highlighting financial metrics of interest and including any changes from the prior year.
*Make a recommendation as to any change to the risk score based on the analysis.
*Discuss work with the DCA Office as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE: The ideal candidate will possess the following:
*Knowledge of financial analysis and financial statements;
*Ability to interact with USAID staff and clearly present the re-estimate findings;
*Ability to read and interpret financial documents in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is preferred;
*Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
*Strong written and oral communication skills; and
*Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: The following application materials must accompany applications: CV and a writing sample - analysis of a financial institution's or other businesses' financial statements.
TO APPLY: Write Position # VCP-E3DC1508 or # VCP-E3DC1509 or # VCP- E3DC1510 or # VCP-E3DC1511 on the subject line. Please submit all required documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include your salary history utilizing Form AID 1420-17 as part of your application. The form can be found at http://www.usaid.gov/forms. Only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications Accepted through June 25, 2016. Visionary Consulting Partners, LLC is a woman-owned, Equal Opportunity Employer.
SOCIAL AND BEHAVIOR CHANGE COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
CHIEF OF PARTY
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide the vision, technical leadership and management oversight for the project in addition to the supervision, administration, and implementation of the grant. This individual will establish and maintain systems for project operations, ensure that all contractual deadlines are met and targets are achieved, maintain working relationships with project stakeholders and partners, and oversee the preparation and submission of periodic progress and financial reports. The COP will deal with partner organizations and coordinate with USAID and other donors in all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and implementation.
The Chief of Party must possess the following:
• Minimum of a Master's Degree in a relevant field required (education, public policy, business administration); Ph.D. level degree preferred.
• At least 8 to 10 years demonstrated experience in managing international development programs with a focus on education in developing countries; proven expertise in education, reading instruction, and business;
• Strong leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, and communication skills and ability to implement projects with diverse subject matter;
• Experience related to development of in-service training packages, curriculum standards,
innovative supplementary materials, student assessment, mentoring, monitoring, and analytical
skills in support of the project activities;
• Technical knowledge and experience in reading acquisition, instruction, and assessment;
• Demonstrated experience in education policy reform; and,
• Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. students, teachers, educators, school directors, pedagogical instructors, education Department leaders, Ministry of education and its affiliates, families, community members, business partners, donors).
• Experience in managing, developing, deploying innovations related to the field of education;
• Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa; and
• PhD in Education.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8878/chief-of-party%2c-liberia/job. Candidates must apply online for consideration. EOE.
CHIEF OF PARTY
Launched in 2013, the School Support Program (SSP) is a USAID-funded initiative that focuses on improving the quality of education at 50 marginalized public schools in East Jerusalem and the West Bank by improving the educational environment in schools, enhancing community engagement, and strengthening student social competencies. The program takes a holistic approach that includes strengthening school leadership, improving teaching quality, upgrading educational facilities, and promoting community engagement in schools that serve these populations. In addition, the program is introducing career guidance, life skills training, and experiential learning opportunities for students. SSP is currently scheduled to conclude in March 2017, but may be extended through August 2017.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• As chief technical expert, provides strategic direction and leadership for all program components
• Serves as primary liaison and engages regularly with USAID and Ministry of Education and Higher Education counterparts, and with the local office of Save the Children International, a major sub-awardee on the program
• Coordinates closely with USAID on discussions of strategic direction and program developments
• Provides overall supervision of the project to ensure timely development and implementation of work plans and the quality production and timely submission of all required reports and evaluations
• Directly supervises component managers, who oversee the implementation of program activities in the schools
• Directly supervises the Deputy Chief of Party, who oversees all compliance, administrative, and financial aspects of the program, including the monitoring & evaluation and communications functions
• Coordinates with the AMIDEAST country director and AMIDEAST Headquarters on financial, contractual, and personnel issues and actions
• Advanced degree in education or related field from an accredited university
• Minimum 10 years' experience in basic education development and/or program management
• Proven track record of exemplary communication and interpersonal skills to ensure a collaborative approach among team members as well as positive relations with donors, counterparts and staff
• Detailed understanding of international trends and best practices in teaching and learning at the basic education level
• PhD in education or a relevant field
• International program management experience
• Familiarity with the Arabic language and Arab culture
• Experience in the Middle East region, particularly Palestine
• USAID program management experience with a focus on basic education.
Salary commensurate with experience. AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To Apply: Send Resume to email@example.com