including international development jobs
Home Employers Hotjobs Today About Us
Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This information or any parts thereof may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of the Publisher. Lisa L. Hystad, Publisher.
DEVELOPMENT CREDIT AUTHORITY PORTFOLIO ANALYST
Responsibilities Include: For each guarantee, DCA provides project development, risk assessment and portfolio monitoring services to Mission field offices. DCA is organized into regional teams consisting of several investment officers, who manage new transactions, and a portfolio analyst, who supports the management of active portfolio of guarantees. In addition to regional teams, DCA has a Strategic Transactions Group (STG) that complements the work done by DCA regional teams by generating broad, high-impact transactions. In addition to providing client services to USAID Missions, the office monitors and manages the Agency's legacy credit portfolio, serves as the central technical repository of credit-related information and best practices, and serves as an advisor to senior leadership on the broader issues of access to capital and the growth of capital markets.
The Portfolio Analyst will represent the DCA Office to USAID Missions in the field and partner financial institutions. The Portfolio Analyst will implement, monitor, and report on guarantee performance as well as synthesize large quantity of DCA portfolio data to identify trends and develop solutions and recommendations that will assist in better deal structure and portfolio monitoring. Furthermore, this role requires the individual to review and approve loan schedules, analyze financial statements when required, monitor compliance of DCA guarantees and trouble shoot any issues that arise from these risk-partners. Specific deliverables are detailed below.
Expected Deliverables Include:
Preferred QUALIFICATIONS: Strong analytical skills, the ability to read and analyze financial statements, and previous experience in financial sector development. Ability to manage multiple tasks and work within a team setting. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Strong written and oral communication skills. Attention to details. Exceptional interpersonal, problem solving, and time management skills. Proficiency in French is preferred. A degree in economics, business, international development, finance or a related field. Proficient in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint and statistical applications.
Required Application Materials: The following application materials must accompany applications: CV; Writing sample; and Contact information for two references.
TO APPLY: Write Position VCP-E3DC1514 on the subject line. Please submit all required documents listed above to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include your salary history utilizing Form AID 1420-17 as part of your application. The form can be found at http://www.usaid.gov/forms. Only finalists will be contacted. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be accepted through August 2016. Organization Information: Visionary Consulting Partners, LLC is a Woman Owned, equal opportunity employer.
SENIOR GOVERNANCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
SENIOR LEGAL OFFICER
IAVI is recruiting for a Program Coordinator to serve as primary point of contact and key relationship manager for the US Agency for International Development (USAID) on the implementation of a new and transformative Africa-centered model of global partnership to Accelerate the Development of Vaccines and New Technologies to Combat the AIDS Epidemic (ADVANCE). Funded by USAID under a new $160 million cooperative agreement, this flagship initiative will dramatically accelerate development of a safe and effective HIV vaccine.
The Program Coordinator will play a critical implementing role for this new program, maintaining comprehensive financial, program and technical knowledge related to the full scope of activities under the cooperative agreement. He/she will coordinate the development of annual USAID workplans and reports, serve day-to-day project management needs across the ADVANCE Leadership Team, provide technical and implementation support to the Project Director (IAVI President & CEO, Mark Feinberg, MD, PhD) and other senior leaders on the project, and maintain strategic communication and regular contact with USAID. In support of the ADVANCE Leadership Team, this position will also play an important facilitating role for strategic alliances and co-funded activities with other funders and external research collaborators, including partners at the Wellcome Trust, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and other US Government agencies involved in vaccine research, for example.
This position resides in the Executive Office of IAVI's Research & Development (R&D) Department, as part of the R&D Portfolio Management and Operations Team. This team has responsibility for integrating IAVI programs with organizational strategy, which provides a unique opportunity for the Program Coordinator to engage with all aspects of IAVI's R&D program. He/she will report to the Executive Director, R&D Portfolio Management and Operations, and work closely with the Executive Director for Global Public Giving, located in IAVI's External Relations Department. As noted above the Program Coordinator will collaborate closely with IAVI's President and CEO and other individuals across the organization, including especially IAVI's East Africa Office in Nairobi, Kenya, as well as key staff in Finance & Administration.
• Maintain comprehensive financial, program and technical knowledge related to the full scope of activities within ADVANCE, including collaborating with colleagues across IAVI departments (R&D, Finance & Administration, External Relations) and working closely with IAVI regional offices in East Africa and India
• Serve as primary point of contact for USAID program managers and relevant stakeholders
• Serve day-to-day project management needs across the ADVANCE Leadership Team and provide technical and implementation support to the Project Director (Dr. Feinberg) and other senior leaders on the project
• Maintain primary responsibility for coordinating development of annual workplans for implementing USAID-supported activities, reporting on the implementation of these activities and executing the daily coordination of and strategic communication for ADVANCE
• Coordinate and communicate with research collaborators and donors on strategic alliances and discussions on co-funded activities
Experience and Skills:
• Master's or PhD degree in a relevant discipline (biological sciences, business, management, economics, law, international relations, public health or a related area)
• At least 8 years of professional experience coordinating, managing or implementing biomedical research projects
• Demonstrated broad understanding of vaccine research and development program, including necessary elements of epidemiology, clinical and field vaccine trials, project management, financial management, knowledge management, strategic coordination and communication
• Demonstrated experience as project manager with a strong eye for detail, analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to take initiative as new situations and opportunities arise
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and produce high quality work under challenging deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively in teams with others from a range of disciplines and cultures
• Professional experience interacting with US Government agencies, advocacy groups, policymakers, local collaborators and host governments is preferred
• Experience using Microsoft Office and knowledge management programs
To apply: www.iavi.org
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PROGRAMME