including international development jobs
Home Employers Hotjobs Today Recent Email Alerts About Us
Foreign Language Support Job Vacancies
Copyright 2016. All rights reserved. This information or any parts thereof may not be reproduced in any form without the prior written permission of the Publisher. Lisa L. Hystad, Publisher.
SENIOR TRANSLATOR / REVISER
CONTRACTS SPECIALIST II
GLOBAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT PROJECT MANAGER
Under general direction of the Director of Global Operations Support, the Global Operations Support Project Manager will manage various projects to track progress, coordinate with colleagues to adjust goals and strategies, and draft summary reports on project status. S/he will support the shared vision of field driven quality programming and related activities. Her/his work is informed by Winrock's project management methodology along with funder requirements and operational policies and procedures.
• Works with Director, Global Operations Support and other staff to design new projects that meet the needs of Winrock Operations and support Winrock's global implementation.
• Develops and adjusts project strategies and work plans
• Monitors various projects to ensure that staff, consultants, and partners are on track to achieve results
• Provides periodic status reports to update leadership on project progress
• Present project highlights at meetings and forums, as needed
• Supports the Director, Global Operations Support to document best practices and case studies.
• Works with the Director, Global Operations Support to improve processes, as needed
• Works as an effective member of Winrock's worldwide team of development professionals; ensures project management success regardless of geographic location
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, International Relations or equivalent qualification
• At least 5 years' experience in project management or project design and monitoring
• Experience working within a multi-unit, geographically dispersed organization
• Proven experience in managing for results ;
• Strong project management knowledge, analytical/problem solving skills, creativity and initiative.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment and effectively promote the WI's mission, values, and objectives.
• Ability to identify programmatic, operational and compliance issues, and develop appropriate recommendations to increase consistent use of tools and templates and Winrock PM Practices.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
• Analytical and conceptual skills as well as the curiosity and learning agility necessary to be successful in a growing organization with evolving operating and financial systems.
• Some knowledge of accounting principles, finance and funder regulations (especially USG).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills in dealing with businesses;
• Must have excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Internet) and comfort working with database programs;
• Foreign language skills a plus
• Developing country experience preferred
• Experience with working in a multiple funder environment preferred
• Must be able to work independently, multi-task, be persistent and work under tight deadlines;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; and
• Ability to travel a minimum of 15% of the time.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance; retirement; and other normal Winrock benefits.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at www.winrock.org to submit their application, cover letter and current resume. Position will remain open until filled. Candidates must not require sponsorship to work in the U.S. Winrock International is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
REGIONAL FINANCE DIRECTOR
• Provide oversight and guidance of Field Office accounting (staff, policies, and procedures) with on-going input to respective Country Directors
• Provide technical support and guidance regarding Deltek Costpoint, the enterprise resource planning solution that AMIDEAST uses.
• Ensure that Field Office accounting staff meet all financial reporting deadlines
• Coordinate communication between Headquarters and Field Office accounting staff, as required
• Provide oversight and guidance regarding field office banking issues
• Work with Headquarters Accounting Department to develop a consistent and standardized methodology for Field Office allocation of costs in compliance with AMIDEAST regulations
• Identify improvements to the financial system that resolve operational finance problems in the field offices
• Work with Headquarters' Director of Financial Planning and Analysis on monthly analysis of revenue and expense to ensure accuracy of financial data and to identify cost control issues and trends
• In coordination with Headquarters, conduct visits to field offices to address training and compliance issues
• Provide on-the-job training for regional and field office accounting staff
• Automate and streamline processes to enhance accuracy of data while minimizing manual efforts
• Develop process documentation for all processes
• Other duties as assigned
• A Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification; a Master's degree in Finance or in Business Administration is preferred
• 10+ years professional accounting experience, including Nonprofit and Government contractor experience required
• A minimum of 7 years of staff management experience
• Demonstrated proficiency Deltek Costpoint or similar industry-standard enterprise resource planning software
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (and associated Accounting Standards and requirements for non-profit organizations, government contracts and indirect rates)
• Solid understanding of OMB Circulars A-110, A-122, A-133 and experience managing audits
• Process-oriented, with experience in documenting processes and procedures
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency in MS Excel applications and experience with Cognos Impromptu or similar reporting software
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Good analytical skills
• Solid cross-cultural understanding and diplomacy skills